Outcome: Health USC5.1: Analyze personal eating practices
- What does this outcome mean?
To me, this outcome means taking a closer look at the eating habits of each student.
- What are three activities that could help students understand this outcome?
– Have students record their daily food intake on a chart or in their journals. Ask them to be creative in this recording, such as pictures, drawing, flyer clippings, ect.
– Give students a project to identify how different kinds of food or diets effect the body(good or bad). Example: Processed vs. non-processed, Cultural foods, vegetarian, diets
– Have students bring in their favorite snacks to read the food labels and compare with other students. Sort out ingredients that are considered healthy or not healthy food choices.
- What are three assessment that could help students demonstrate their understanding of this outcome?
– Have students hand in their food chart and journal questions to see what they thought about their own intake.
– Have students present their projects to the class to showcase their finds and how they identified the effects on the body.
– Have students get into groups and come with healthy and non healthy ingredients from their snacks. Have students submit an exit slip of 5 ingredients they identified and what category the fall under.
- What is another indicator that you could add to the list?
– How do other countries – where food is not easily accessible, maintain a healthy diet. What are some of their staple foods.